Remembering Her Bursary
Grace Sparkes House offers services to women, with or without children, who are experiencing violence and abuse. Grace Sparkes House believes that education surrounding violence against women is critical to eliminating all forms of violence against women. Supporting the families of women who are missing or murdered as a result of intimate partner violence is required to bring attention to violent acts and to honour the lives of these courageous women.
The Remembering Her Event Bursary provides financial support to families whose immediate female family member is missing or has been murdered as a result of intimate partner violence. The annual event subsidy will be contingent on donations received at the Remembering Her event organized by the corporation which honours the lives of missing and murdered women.
The following serves as the eligibility requirements:
- The applicant(s) must be an immediate family member of the missing or deceased woman.
- The applicant(s) or woman must be from or lived in the Burin Peninsula Region.
- The applicant must complete an event subsidy application.
- The date of the female family members passing or disappearance is within the past 12 months prior to application.
The bursary has to be used for one of the following purposes:
- Search Efforts for the woman
- Funeral Costs for the woman
- Support for children of the woman being honoured
- Monument for the woman
If you would like to apply, please contact Grace Sparkes House at (709)279-3560/3566