Grace Sparkes House strives to support women who have experienced or are experiencing violence and abuse through various services. We believe that women should have the choice to access immediate, short and long term supports in achieving their goals and can make those choices when they are ready. The Grace Sparkes House Educational Scholarship is grounded in that belief, and that women deserve to live free of violence and should have every opportunity to make choices for their future.
This scholarship is available to women who have accessed our services and are ready to further their education as they rebuild their lives free from violence and abuse.
The scholarship, which is made available through annual donations from a Newfoundland and Labrador based group of Avon Consultants, will help women with the associated costs of returning to school, and sends a strong message that we have a supportive community that recognizes that the cycle of violence may only be broken with the availability of long term supports.
To be eligible:
- The applicant must have accessed the services of Grace Sparkes House.
- The applicant is living independently at the time of application.
- The applicant must be registered in a college or university program, and provide
acceptance documentation from the educational institution.
- The applicant should have career goals for the future.
- The scholarship will be used for tuition, books, childcare, transportation, supplies or other
If you would like to apply, please contact Grace Sparkes House at (709)279-3560/3566
“When women support each other, incredible things happen”